Phonics and Its Need
Phonics is a very useful technique for learning the English language. It makes reading, writing, spelling as well as understanding easy for young children. Now – a – days, many schools favour the phonics method for their students because it is based on scientific approach. As a result, there is a need for professionals Teaching Phonics.
At Vidhyanidhi Education Society (VES), we offer a programme in Phonics Teacher Training. This is a certificate programme which will not only train one in Teaching Phonics in schools but will also allow one to start one’s own phonics classes for young kids.
The first few years are very important for a child to learn a language. If language teaching techniques like rote learning are used, children find it difficult to learn language. Phonics as a technique is more suitable for learning the English language.
Phonics helps kids to -
- Firstly, start reading from early years of life.
- Secondly, improve their stock of words.
- Thirdly, write letters and words.
- Fourthly, pronounce words easily.
Teachers can use phonics to -
- firstly, develop children’s linguistic skills.
- secondly, improve children’s creative writing abilities.
- thirdly, create love for the English language.
Teaching Phonics Course
Highlights of Phonics Programme
- Our Phonics course curriculum is based on popular UK - based synthetic phonics methodology.
- All - inclusive theory as well as exhaustive practical training.
- Proficient phonics trainers.
- Appropriate study – kit.
- Audio – visual teaching aids.
- Admissions open throughout the year.
- Guidance to start phonics classes.
Content of our Phonics Programme
- Phonics - Definition, importance as well as its types
- Whole Language Approach v/s Phonics
- Letter and Digraph sounds with actions, stories as well as jingles
- Letter Formation
- Sound blending as well as segmenting
- Consonant blends
- Tricky words
- Alternative Vowel Spellings
Teaching Phonics for Teachers
Our alumni are successfully working as -
- Phonics teachers: They are Teaching Phonics in schools.
- Entrepreneurs: They are running Phonics Classes for children.
Who Can Enrol?
- An aspiring teacher
- Home tutor
- Professional from any field.
- Working Mother or Housewife
Salient features of VES
- Firstly, we are a Govt. Regd. Teacher Training Institute.
- Secondly,one of the established teacher training institutes for over two decades.
- Thirdly, fully equipped infrastructure
- Fourthly, reasonable fees
Teaching Phonics Training Institute
- "Thanks VES for giving me such a good career opening, sitting at home. I have started my own phonics classes and the response which I have received is very good.”
- “I got an increment after completion of my certification course in phonics from VES. Thanks.”
Duration as well as eligibility
- Our certificate programme in Phonics Teachers' Training is a 23 – hour programme.
- Anyone possessing basic knowledge of the English language is eligible.