Phonics Teacher Training
Many reputed schools and pre-schools are using Phonics to teach children reading, writing and spelling skills. Phonicsis an effective tool and a multi-sensory method to teach young children to read and spell.
However, schools face an acute dearth of teachers trained in phonics teaching. To ensure children are taught correct reading and writing skills through phonics, professionally trained phonics teachers are essential. Hence, Vidhyanidhi Education Society (VES) has taken upon itself to provide professional phonics training to those who may be interested through this Certificate Program.
The need of the hour for those aspiring to teach phonics to young children is to join the 'Certificate Program in Phonics Teacher's Training' offered by VES.
How to Teach Kids Phonics
Phonics and its Need
- As a PARENT or a TEACHER do you want to improve your children's ENGLISH READING, WRITING and SPELLING?
- Are you eager to teach children SKILLS by means of which they are able to MASTER the ENGLISH LANGUAGE?
- Have you heard of PHONICS? Do you know that Phonics is a LANGUAGE LEARNING METHODOLOGY?
Mastery over English
English has come to be accepted as a global language of communication at personal as well as professional levels. Command over both written and spoken English is considered essential not only to scale career heights but also for social acceptance.
However, English is a complex and unpredictable language as compared to most other languages. English is still considered a foreign language by many Indians and a large section of our population still finds it hard to master the English language.A vast majority of schools in India have the English language as a subject in their curriculum, and many schools use this language as a medium of instruction as well as assessment.Hence, there is a general desire among majority of Indian parents that their children should learn English very well and gain mastery over both English reading and writing.
Development of Literacy Skills
It has been universally recognized that reading, writing and spelling skills primarily develop in children between the ages of 4 to 7 years. Up to 9 years of age, children can be said to be developing foundational literacy skills. The period spanning nursery through grade four is the most critical for instruction in the language arts.
Therefore, parents at home and pre-primary and primary teachers in schools, play a crucial role in developing in children pre-reading and pre-writing skills in children pertaining to the English language.
But, unfortunately, a large number of children fail to read and spell well even by the end of pre-primary or primary schooling because of the methods employed by parents and teachers to teach children reading and writing skills. Many of the methods used rely essentially on memorizing and symbolism, which in the long run, don't prove to be that successful.
Teaching Phonics Sounds
Phonics is a branch of linguistics where the sounds and physical properties of human speech sounds are studied. Simply put, it is a system of relationships between letters and sounds in a language.
Phonics is an effective tool and a multi-sensory method to teach young children to read and spell as they are taught to link an individual letter or letter combination with its appropriate sound and then blend the sounds to form words. The goal of phonics is to enable 'beginning readers' i.e. young pre-schoolers to decode new written words by sounding them out so that they are able to read and spell well.
Phonics is appropriate for young children because, as a method, it:
- is easy to follow and more systematic.
- does not rely on memorizing words, which children may find very difficult.
- is impactful, as it employs a multi-sensory approach; multiple intelligences like auditory, visual, kinesthetic ability of children are put to use.
- is fun, as use of activities, worksheets, games etc. is made to enhance learning.
Need and Importanceof Phonics
Research shows that phonics is the most effective way of teaching young children to read, write and spell. It is particularly helpful for children at the pre-primary and primary levels.As a teaching method it is thought to provide many benefits to children who are just beginning to learn the English language.
Phonics helps kids to
- decipher words on their own
- decode words they encounter while reading
- learn new words, building up their vocabulary
- read faster, independently ,effectively and accurately from very early on
- master writing skills
- develop their spelling skills
- improve their independent writing ability
- better their comprehension skills
- initiate progressive learning
All in all, phonics makes it much easier for the children to acquire, learn and masterliteracy skills of reading, writing and spelling.
Not only these, we must understand that children who are able to communicate ably in English are bound to perform well in their academics because they can use English as a means to read more and more and further their knowledge. Such children actually enjoy success in school. They experience less stress and are high on self-esteem and self-confidence. They, thus, develop a remarkable personality.
Phonics in Schools
Learn Phonics for Kids
The teaching of phonics is commonplace in schools in many countries around the world. Several pre-schools and schools affiliated to CBSE, ICSE, IGCSE,IB and State boards in India are also successfully employing phonics in teaching literacy skills to their students in the pre-primary and primary sections.
However, schools face an acute dearth of trained phonics teachers. To ensure that children get appropriate and intensive phonics training, professionally trained phonics teachers are essential.Most schools are always on a look out for professionally trained phonics teachers so as to be able to appoint them. Therefore, an ocean of career opportunities as phonics teachers and trainers lies in this field, ready to be availed.
Phonics and VES
And here comes into highlight the role of Phonics Teacher's Training Institutes like Vidhyanidhi Education Society (VES).
We at VES have taken upon ourselves to provide professional phonics training through the'Certificate Programme in Phonics Teacher's Training'.Therefore, the need of the hour for those aspiring to teach phonics to young children, whether parents or teachers is to join this Certificate Programme offered by VES.
Phonics Courses for Teachers
VES and Phonics Teacher's Training
Vidhyanidhi Education Society (VES)
Vidhyanidhi Education Society (VES) is a Govt. Regd. Institute under Societies' Registration Act, 1860 and Public Trust Act, 1950. We are a renowned Teachers' Training Institute located in Mumbai. VES –is a name that stands for excellence, trust, commitment, deliverance and true value for money in the field of teachers' training, since its inception, about two decades ago. Not only this, we are also the pioneers in the 'Certificate Programme in Phonics Teacher's Training'.
Our motto has always been to produce unmatched teaching professionals by industry standards and thus serve the cause of education in general and pre-school education in particular.By now, we have trained over thousands trainees into excellent teaching professionals.Our trainees are placed in many renowned schools in India and abroad and are doing exceedingly well in their respective profiles.
Join VES for our 'Certificate Programme in Phonics Teacher's Training'. We bring to you this certificate programme which is at par with our other pre-primary teacher's training programmes in both quality and content. In keeping with our motto, we believe in acomprehensive curriculum and intensive training to churn out world-class phonics professionals, capable of successfully embarking upon career avenues in the field of phonics teaching and training all over the world. And yes, we also promise a rich experienceand value for money at the same time.
Phonics Teacher's Training – How to choose?
In case you are aspiring to be a phonics teacher or if you are interested in acquiring intensive knowledge about phonics, the foremost thing that you need to do is to undertake an exceptional Phonics Teacher's TrainingProgramme from a Training Institute of wide repute. While choosing the programme as well as the institute you should be extremely careful and weigh all your options before joining.
Becoming a phonics teaching professional is all about skill-training. Teaching phonics is more about your being absolutely adept about phonics skills than just having theoretical knowledge about the subject matter. One has to primarily master the phonics skills besides gaining knowledge.
Therefore, one must choose a Phonics Teacher's TrainingProgramme having a curriculum which stresses on skill training. And the choice of institute should be based on the fact as to how much emphasis is given on practice and revision and re-revision of the phonics skills. Obviously the cost-effectiveness of the programme is also a vital point to consider.
Intended foraspiring teachers, parents andeveryone else who is inclined to know about Phonics,the 'Certificate Programme in Phonics Teacher's Training', offered by VES is the finest and is valuable in every sense of the word. The orientation of this programme is completely towards skill training which will be reinforced in the trainees by way of ample practice and plenty of revisions through the course of the workshop. We don't believe in just providing theoretical knowledge. Instead we believe in making you superbly capable to execute all the phonics skills. Of course, our curriculum content includes sections on theory as well.
Hence the need of the hour is to join this Certificate Program offered by VES.
Phonics Training Courses
Why Choose VES for Phonics Teacher's Training?
Choosing VES to do this 'Certificate Programme in Phonics Teacher's Training' would be a prudent decision because of a number of excellent reasons in the form of attributes that we as a training institute have on offer for our trainees. We boast of the following attractive features as part of the certificate programme.
- Admission for the Certificate Programme can be taken all round the year as new batches for the same are conducted in regular succession. This means you can enrol the moment you want to without having to wait.
- Reasonable programme fee
- Limited seats per class ensuring that each trainee gets individual attention.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure air-conditioned classrooms.
- A world-class panel of knowledgeable and experienced faculty members
- In-depth and systematic curriculum developed by a team of phonics experts
- Comprehensive study-kit and detailed hand-outs will be provided
- Innovative methods like lectures, presentations and live demonstrations are used to deliver the curriculum.
- A wide range of audio-visual materials and novel teaching aids will be used to convey the curriculum.
- Learner friendly techniques like practice sessions, doubt solving sessions, interactive sessions and plentiful revision are employed for thorough understanding.
- Support, personal guidance and immediate feedback by our expert faculty members
- Conducive learning environment
- Rich experience
Once you have chosen VES to do the'Certificate Programme in Phonics Teacher's Training'you won't have to regret. There will be no looking back as the certification will fast track your career in the phonics teaching and training field like no other.
So, choose wise, choose VES!!
Phonics Training Courses
Phonics – A Tool for Career Building
Good News! Great News!! Brilliant News!!!
Now you can achieve a definitive career in Phonics!
You can master Phonics and use it to master the English language!!
Just imagine how
- Rewarding it would be to become and work as a Phonics teacher or trainer.
- Inventive it would be to pioneer a Phonics training centre for young kids.
- Gratifying it would be to be able to help your child to read, write and spell well in English.
Career in Phonics – Opportunities Galore
The doors to a multitude of career opportunities will open wide before you once you have earned the certificate after completion of this phonics teacher's training programme.
- On successful completion of the programme, each trainee will earn the credential of a certified phonics teacher, ready to be employed in several different capacities in the phonics teaching and training field.
- You will be fully qualified to be appointed as full-time or part-time phonics teacher / instructor in diverse childcare set-ups like :
- Schools with pre-primary and primary sections
- Activity centres
- Childcare centres
- You get an entry point into prestigious schools affiliated to State / CBSE / ICSE / IGCSE/ IB board.
- You may be either appointed at pre-primary or primary levels either as teacher, assistant teacher, student teacher, volunteer teacher or a special needs or remedial teacher to teach phonics or the English language.
- In case you are an in-service teacher, your opportunities for a much awaited promotion or a well-deserved increment will widen and your resume would be enhanced.
- Our programme also allows you to set up and successfully run your own phonics training centre for kids. This means you can now start an entrepreneurship in the field of education.
- If you are already an entrepreneur within the early childhood domain, you can start providing Phonics courses in your centres.
- You can even work as phonics trainer for teachers.
- Other career profiles like phonics curriculum planner or a phonics content developer in schools and educational institutes or organizations will also lie wide open after completion of this programme.
- As a parent, you will be able to bring about development of the English language skills in your ward.
- In case of mid-career professionals, opportunities for career change open up.
So, a fulfilling, full-fledged and lucrative career can be made after completing a 'Certificate Programme in Phonics Teacher's Training' from Vidhyanidhi Education Society (VES). This certification can prove to be a driving force behind shaping you in to a successful and competent phonics professional who can serve any profile in schools or educational institutes. On the basis of this certification, you can make for a brilliant entrepreneur running your own phonics teaching and training venture.
Therefore, join VES now and undertake this programme which has the capacity to alter your career graph by taking it to great heights.
Phonics Sounds Courses in Mumbai
One of the most vital criteria to opt for Vidhyanidhi Education Society (VES) to do the 'Certificate Programme in Phonics Teacher's Training' is the quality and comprehensiveness of the curriculum content for the programme.
A Programme Content – Meant for All
The programme content is not only supremely qualitative and utterly comprehensive, but it has been put forth in a very lucid language and in an extremely systematic manner. Easy to follow, understand and imbibe – the content is meant for anybody and everybody having an elementary knowledge of the English language. Whether you are an aspiring teacher, an in-service teacher, an entrepreneur in the pre-school education field, or just a parent, a housewife, a student or a mid-career professional etc. you will find this content extremely simple to decipher and reader-friendly. Even those who have left their studies long back or those who have no experience whatsoever in the teaching, training, education or phonics field would also find the content highly simplistic and easy to understand. Thus, the programme content caters to everyone's intellect and ability of the English language.
Programme Content — The Team and Resources
Phonics Training Courses
The programme content has been developed by an expert team of experienced and knowledgeable phonics professionals. Our panel of content developers has thoroughly researched every aspect of the content. They have put in their best to compile this content. The content has been developed from authentic sources of long standing. Extensive coverage has been given to each and every intricate nuance of phonics from the perspective of phonics teaching both at the pre-primary and primary levels. Not only this, the content is good enough to impart knowledge and skills expected from a phonics trainer for pre-primary and primary level teachers.
Contents of the Programme
The following aspects would be thoroughly covered during the tenure of the Certificate Programme. In-depth knowledge and skills would be provided to the trainees under the following heads:
- The trainees will be made aware of the Definition and Significance of Phonics.
- There are different Types of Phonic programmes, about which we will let our trainees know.
- An entire section will be devoted to let our trainees know the difference between the Whole Language Approach and Phonics
- Vivid demonstrations will be given by the faculty during the programme to help trainees to learn letter sounds. In order to teach the letter sounds actions, jingles and stories will be employed, which can later be used by the trainees to teach their students the letter sounds.
- Formation of Letters will be dealt with.
- The trainees will be trained in Blending (reading) and also as to how they should help children to blend and read.
- All initial and final Blends will be thoroughly covered.
- Trainees will be taught to identify the sounds of words which is required to learn effective spelling skills.
- A detailed knowledge of Digraphs will be imparted and the difference between diagraphs and blends will be made clear for the better understanding of the trainees.
- Knowledge of Tricky words is a must in order to master phonics skills. So, we will provide the trainees with a list of tricky words and also explain to them for their knowledge as to why such words are known as tricky in context of phonics, how they have to be identified and how the children have to be helped to master such words.
- The theoretical knowledge as well as implementation of Important Phonics Rules will be taught to the trainees at length. Each rule will be stressed upon along with relevant examples. Besides this, the application of the rules and exceptions, if any, to those rules shall will be taught.
- Knowing Alternative vowel spellings is a prime aspect in acquiring phonics skills. So, a complete knowledge of them will be given to the trainees.
All the above aspects of the training will be reinforced and ingrained into the trainees with the help of the following:
- The trainees will be taken through rigorous Practice Sessions. They will be made to practice the letter sounds, blending, the phonics rules etc. again and again. This will drill these phonics skills deep into the trainees, enabling them to exhibit these skills anywhere and anytime.
- Ample Revision of all the aspects will be done. Our faculties will ensure that each previous aspect is thoroughly reinforced in the minds of the trainees before proceeding to the next one.
- Doubt Solving Session will be conducted in order to give each trainee an opportunity to get his/her doubts and queries clarified. This will ensure that knowledge and skills are completely ingrained in the trainees leaving no room for confusions.
Programme Content - Your Competence
Such rich and all-inclusive curriculum content for the programme will equip you with both theoretical knowledge as well as practical skills of execution. It will shape you into a competent phonics instructor. Your self-confidence and professionalism will be greatly enhanced.
Learn Phonics Sounds in Mumbai
Benefits of Phonics Training
- Are you wondering whether doing a Phonics Teacher's Training Programme will benefit you in any way?
- Is there any doubt in your mind about the utility of doing such a programme personally and professionally?
- Do you want to know what advantages will you derive on doing a 'Certificate programme in Phonics Teacher's Training'?
- How will VES help in be reaping these benefits?
If the above questions are bothering you, then spare some time and read ahead. Answers to all your questions lie within the following write- up. Read on and rest assured that doing this certificate programme from VES would definitely prove to be a wise decision.
You can reap innumerable benefits if you undergo Phonics Teacher's Trainingat an esteemed and renowned institute like Vidhyanidhi Education Society(VES).
Phonics Teacher's Training - Who can benefit?
If you have a strong desire to learn and a burning will to train yourself, and if you fall under any one of the following categories then undertaking a 'Certificate programme in Phonics Teacher's Training' will benefit you:
- Aspiring Teachers, already having completed a teachers' training programme and wanting to enter the field of pre-school or primary school education.
- A number of in-service pre-primary and primary teachers whether working as a class teacher, assistant class teacher, student teacher, volunteer teacher or a special needs or remedial teacher, either not knowing Phonics well or wanting to upgrade their knowledge of Phonics and Phonics Teaching Methods in order to be able to teach the English language to their students.
- Private tutors to young children in pre-primary and primary levels responsible to teach English may want to acquire knowledge of Phonics in order to be able to guide their students well in reading, writing and spelling.
- Budding women entrepreneurs within the early childhood domain also want to start providing Phonics courses in their centres and thus would like to learn Phonics. Or some of them may want to start a phonics training centre exclusively for young children in the pre-primary or primary grades.
- In-service teacher trainers associated with training institutes and working in the capacity of faculty, coordinator, curriculum planner or content developer.
- Parents, especially mothers, having a desire that their child should be able to read, write and spell well in English and preferring to teach their children personally, need to know phonics as a language teaching methodology.
- Fresher's like homemakers or collegians, wanting to gain additional professional qualification in order to embark upon a career in the field of phonics.
- Mid-career professionals wanting a career change or looking for part-time engagements.
Phonics Teacher's Training – What are the benefits to be Reaped?
How To Teach Phonics
On successful completion of the programme, each trainee will
- become a certified phonics teacher or instructor or trainer.
- gain superb confidence and complete knowledge about the nuances, intricacies and decoding strategies of phonics
- be able to teach phonics to children systematically within any curriculum, whether State ,CBSE , ICSE ,IGCSE or IB.
- Be able to develop techniques on how to build children's early literacy skills in sound association, word recognition, pronunciation, reading, writing and spelling by using multiple intelligences.
- Be able to plan, develop and execute a phonics curriculum content for children at pre-primary and primary levels.
- Be able to develop original lessons plans, games, worksheets, play activities in phonics
- Be able to execute any phonics programme effectively anywhere in the world.
- Be able to teach pre-reading and pre-writing skills to children with learning disabilities, speech disorders or auditory disabilities.
- Be able to guide her own child to read, write and spell well and thereby help him to achieve mastery over the English language.
Therefore, there are several advantages of doing this certificate programme.
So, why wait?
Join VES, get a certification and be ready to be flooded with benefits of doing this programme.
You are eligible to enrol for The 'Certificate Programme in Phonics Teachers' Training if you have an elementary knowledge of the English language.